The JCAA invites members to apply for the “Art in Action – Artist in Residence” initiative. Art in Action will allow you to work along-side fellow artists and the chance to engage directly with the community about your work.
Whether you need time to research and plan that next masterpiece or explore new ideas or techniques, Art in Action gives you a chance to do this all in air-conditioned comfort. It also provides members with an opportunity to network with fellow members.
There are two residency periods –
- January 8 through January 14 (inclusive)
- January 15 through January 21 (inclusive)
Each residency period will provide a chance for six artists to showcase themselves.
- You must be a valid member of the JCAA (https://www.jag.org.au/jcaa-membership/).
- Bookings are on a first-come basis.
- Cost per artist is $50 per residency period. Artists may apply for both periods.
- Even if you hang your work in the gallery, photograph it hanging in the space you have a white space to work with where your artworks will look professional
- On Mondays between 10-2pm you can get assistance to document/photograph your artworks to promote your work
- Artists may sell their work. The JCAA shall receive a 20% commission on all sales.
- Free Wifi, tea, coffee making facilities, fridge & microwave available
- JCAA staff & volunteers can assist with sales
- No painting or drawing directly onto the walls/floors. Any marks or alterations to the space must be made good and left in an ‘AS IS’ state at end of residency.
- Artists must be in attendance each day, including the weekend, from 10am to 2pm. Artists are welcome to work in the space before and after 10am and 2pm.
- Delivery & collection of artworks/materials only. No allocated parking or accommodation available.
Do not miss out on this unique opportunity. For further information or a copy of the application form email email@example.com.