The JCAA Members Christmas Art Market 2019 will be held again this year from Thursday 28th November – Friday 20th of December. As in the past, members may hire a one meter space from hanging rail to floor, or a table, for $30 for the 3 weeks leading up to Christmas. Artists are invited to fill their space with artworks to be sold for $250.00 or less.
The ‘Twilight Markets’ will be back in Central Walk on Friday evenings and we expect a great volume of visitors during this period! Promotions will be done through website, emails, Facebook and the Community News. Participating artists are invited to promote the exhibition via their own Facebook and Instagram postings.
Bookings open Friday 25th October 2019 at JAG from 1030am – 2.30pm and 6.30 – 7.30pm. Payment on booking, secures space selected. Email bookings open Thursday 31st October. Payments can be made at JAG or by Bank Transfer (Click here to obtain the Bank Account details). If booking by BT and space selected is already taken, we will select the best space/ table available at time of booking.
- Cost of one-meter wall space/table $30.00
- Spaces allocated on a first come/first paid basis.
- Exhibits must be original work of the artist/hand crafted paintings/sculptures/artefacts.
- All artworks must have gallery standard hanging devices, and labels firmly adhered to the back with name of artist, title of work, medium and selling price. A letter of the alphabet or number must be placed on the label, corresponding to the number or letter of the alphabet given to the artwork on the list provided.
- Two lists of Artworks (refer to Registration Form below) to be filled in / one for gallery use/ one for artist’ cross reference
- No exhibits over $250.00 to include 20% commission deducted by JCAA if work is sold.
- Artists to submit ABN number/ Statement by Supplier (refer to the link below) on booking of space.
- Exhibitors install their work 10 am – 4pm Tuesday 26th November. Small works should already be hung on a board ready for installation.
- Exhibitors to fill in roster to help sit the exhibition on Friday evenings.
- All unsold artworks/ artefacts to be collected after 8.30 pm Friday 20th or Saturday 21st December 10 am – 12 pm. Artists must sign out on collection of work. Work will not be stored over the Christmas break.
Items may include paintings, sculptures, photographs, cards, hand printed wrapping paper, small gifts, original prints, ceramics, glass, mobiles etc. The JCAA reserves the right to refuse entry of unsuitable work. Artworks may be replaced if sold during this period and gallery attendants must be informed for administrative purposes.
REGISTRATION FORM: Click here to download, print, and complete this Registration Form (PDF)