Wellbeing through Art-Making
For children/teens 9-13 years old
Sunday 6 October 2-3.30pm
Did you know?
That taking time out to create art in a supportive space can: –
- Be a fun and enjoyable way to express yourself freely as there is no right or wrong
- Improve focus and concentration
- Explore new ways of coping with stress
- Learn new skills to increase self-esteem and confidence, and can help to foster resilience
What are we doing?
- Pre-activity mindful breathing encouraging stress release and relaxation
- Learning how to make a simple sketchbook for practice and ideas
- Use this to learn and experiment with various art materials and techniques, such as collage, water colours, chalk and oil pastels, markers and acrylic paint
- Closing circle, sharing anything from the art experience (sharing is optional)
When and where is it?
Introductory session, Sunday 6th October 2-3.30pm at Joondalup Art Gallery 4/48 Central Walk Joondalup.
Please arrive 10 minutes early.
$30 per person. Group size 4-10 children. All materials and apron are supplied.
For further details and bookings, contact Maree on 0419 915 003 or at firstname.lastname@example.org